Timeline is a website to create and share visual timelines. It was created as a learning project and it is not meant for production use.
- Integrates with Google+ to authenticate users.
- Users can create timelines of events and share a link to friends.
- Users can 'watch' their friends timelines to have them appear in their home page.
A sample website is hosted in heroku here.
Setup for Local Development
- Run 'dotnet restore' from root.
- Run 'npm install ' from 'ClientApp' directory..
- Set 'ASPNET_ENVIRONMENT' environment variable to 'Development'.
- Run 'npm start' from 'ClientApp' directory.
- Run 'dotnet run' from root.
Setup for Google+ Authentication
- Go to Google Developers Console and create a project with Google+ integration.
- Add secret or environment variable 'authentication:google:clientid' with your Google Client Id.
- Add secret or environment variable 'authentication:google:clientsecret' with your Google Client Secret.
Setup for MongoDB Integration.
- Start a local mongo db instance. If using docker run 'docker run -it -p 27017:27017 mongo'.
- Set 'database:provider' to 'MongoDB'.
- Set 'database:mongodb:url' to connection string.
- Set 'database:mongodb:dbname' to the name of the database.