Thank you for visiting our Bitbucket page!
Story of a Lost Sky is a Turn Based Strategy RPG with gameplay that is similar to Fire Emblem. Units are placed on a tile map and each side takes turns moving and attacking. Outside the battle map, the player is able to customize their characters and equip new spells and traits. The game is developed in Python using the Pygame library. A Windows executable is available on our downloads page. Mac OSX and Linux are only supported through source version. You’ll need to install Python v2.X (Python 3.X is not supported.) and the latest version of Pygame v1.9.1 as of this post.
Latest Release Announcement (Version 1.1.1B)
Version 1.1.1B (Anime Expo 2016)
We've been working on some quality of life options, and now you are able to adjust the music and sound effects volume. A new portrait of Wriggle Nightbug and one of the boss enemies Kotone has been contributed by MoldyKeyk. We also have a new character profiles page written from Aya's perspective of our big cast of characters. Finally, a new mission Ch3Sq1 has been added involving Sakuya. It'll be available at the completion of Chapter 3.
September 17th, 2015
Version 1.1 is a version that wraps up bugfixing of previous editions with the addition of one more bugfix. This is the build that was presented at Touhoucon 2015.
July 23th, 2015
Version 1.0.3 is a content update and UI tweak update. Text for battle damage has been enlarged and characters now show a list of status effects on their portrait icon. New portraits by Honya and Jamuko were added for Youmu, Yukari, and Aya. Finally, the script of the last chapter was revised by Keyk.
We'll be showing this new build at Otakon 2015's Touhou panel (7PM Friday 7/24). Come check us out and pick up a free CD.
May 15th, 2015
Version 1.0.2 is a content update. We now have an ending theme to play over the credits sequence by Crescentia. For all of you coming to Anime Central, please pick up a physical CD and join us at the Touhou Project panel on 5/17 to see a presentation as part of the panel.
March 17th, 2015
Version 1.0.1 is a minor bugfix release for Anime Boston 2015. No new content was added but a bunch of bugs have been fixed, especially on Linux save files and dealing with Linux audio including the accursed "Unrecognized Music Format error" problem in some flavors.
February 11th, 2015
It's been almost seven years since we started this project. Version 1.0.0 represents the first story complete build of our game.
New enemy portraits were contributed by Keyk who has also significantly revised the story of the first four chapters. Additionally, new music pieces were contributed by Crescentia including a preparing for battle song and the theme for the final battle.
We sincerely thank our development team for their hard work and contributions to this project. Without their support we could not have made it this far.
Q & A
- What are the major changes in the latest version?
- Chapters 1-4 have been heavily edited by Keyk.
- Addition of Chapter 5, completing the main story and side quests that wrap up loose threads from the story.
- Lots of bug and balance fixes
- Couple of new portraits from Keyk
- What's left to be done?
- With the main story done, we're on to polishing and balance tweaking. Additionally some of our art assets are still placeholders, so we'd like to get the final version of those in place.
- Are old save files compatible with this release?
- Yes, with a few caveats: Save state data is preserved, though the player's current position on the world map is reset to the Netherworld. If any traits are present that have been tweaked, they will be updated to the latest version.
- I have a bug report or suggestion for improvement. How do I report it?
- We have an issue tracker hosted right here. We would greatly welcome any bug reports or suggestions for improvement
- What platform is this for?
- Contact Info?
- IRC: irc.ppirc.net / #lostskyproject
- Email: email@example.com