Thank you for visiting our Bitbucket page!
Story of a Lost Sky is a Turn Based Strategy RPG with gameplay that is similar to Fire Emblem. Units are placed on a tile map and each side takes turns moving and attacking. Outside the battle map, the player is able to customize their characters and equip new spells and traits. The game is developed in Python using the Pygame library. A Windows executable is available on our downloads page. Mac OSX and Linux are only supported through source version. You’ll need to install Python v2.X (Python 3.X is not supported.) and the latest version of Pygame v1.9.1 as of this post.
Latest Release Announcement (Version 0.9.2)
October 7th, 2013
Version 0.9.2 is a bugfix release for Story of a Lost Sky
- We fixed a couple of bugs with the trading system
- We fixed a bug with the mission archive system
It is recommended that everyone who has 0.9.1 and 0.9.0 update to this version. The save files should copy over: Please move all the save data files (*.dat) from the "data" folder to 0.9.1's data folder.
Old announcement for 0.9.0
This version represents four months of work on overhauling the main user interface throughout the game. Most every menu in the game has been touched up. It represents a major step forward since we're now able to focus on the game's aesthetics instead of only working on the engine. A major contribution has been the new look of the world map, done by Almondette. Keyk has also contributed a number of enemy sprites and portraits for units like the wind weasels and fireflies. Some changes have also been made to the battle system, streamlining some unneeded complexity in the way the spell relationships and unit talents work.
We sincerely thank our development team for their hard work and contributions to this project. Without their support we could not have made it this far.
Q & A
- What are the major changes in the latest version?
- Complete UI overhaul
- New world map
- Reworked spell relations, and added a talents system for spell types each unit is good at.
- New sprites and portraits for some of the enemies
- What are some new features that are planned?
- New missions: Chapter 4 and Chapter 3 side missions
- New portraits
- Ability to start the game at the start of any chapter.
- Reworked game tutorial
- When is the final release date?
- We are shooting for finishing the main story this year.
- Are old save files compatible with this release?
- Yes, with a few caveats: Save state data is preserved, though the player's current position on the world map is reset to the Netherworld. If any traits are present that have been tweaked, they will be updated to the latest version.
- I have a bug report or suggestion for improvement. How do I report it?
- We have an issue tracker hosted right here. We would greatly welcome any bug reports or suggestions for improvement
- What platform is this for?
- We have an executable build for Windows, but since we are using Python/Pygame, this game should also work with Mac OSX and Linux. The prerequisites for running from source are Python 2.X and Pygame 1.9.1 Please download the source code release for those platforms.
- For Linux, there is also a ArchLinux Package Page.
- Fedora Linux users, please see this note if you run into an Unrecognized Music Format error.
- Contact Info?
- IRC: irc.ppirc.net / #lostskyproject
- FawkesGarde on the Shrinemaiden Forums
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @rune_devros
Previous Versions (Windows)
Previous source versions are included up here.