Thank you for visiting our Bitbucket page!
Story of a Lost Sky is a Turn Based Strategy RPG with gameplay that is similar to Fire Emblem. Units are placed on a tile map and each side takes turns moving and attacking. Outside the battle map, the player is able to customize their characters and equip new spells and traits. The game is developed in Python using the Pygame library. A Windows executable is available on our downloads page. Mac OSX and Linux are only supported through source version. You’ll need to install Python v2.X (Python 3.X is not supported.) and the latest version of Pygame v1.9.1 as of this post.
Latest Release Announcement (Version 0.10.0)
March 21th, 2014
Version 0.10.0 contains a major step forward in the story. Chapter 4 is completed, with three new playable characters: Reisen, Eirin, and Kaguya. The battle maps also feature a new fog-and-light system, which we hope adds another layer of challenge to these missions.
New enemy portraits were contributed by Keyk, map sprites for the new characters were contributed by Nazerine, a new portrait from Jamuko and Honya was added, and a new title theme was contributed by Crescentia.
We sincerely thank our development team for their hard work and contributions to this project. Without their support we could not have made it this far.
Q & A
- What are the major changes in the latest version?
- Chapter 4 has been added (4 missions + 1 story scene)
- Eirin, Reisen, and Kaguya are playable
- New song for the title theme
- New portraits added for enemy units
- When is the final release date?
- We are shooting for finishing the main story this year.
- Are old save files compatible with this release?
- Yes, with a few caveats: Save state data is preserved, though the player's current position on the world map is reset to the Netherworld. If any traits are present that have been tweaked, they will be updated to the latest version.
- I have a bug report or suggestion for improvement. How do I report it?
- We have an issue tracker hosted right here. We would greatly welcome any bug reports or suggestions for improvement
- What platform is this for?
- We have an executable build for Windows, but since we are using Python/Pygame, this game should also work with Mac OSX and Linux. The prerequisites for running from source are Python 2.X and Pygame 1.9.1 Please download the source code release for those platforms.
- For Linux, there is also a ArchLinux Package Page.
- Fedora Linux users, please see this note if you run into an Unrecognized Music Format error.
- Contact Info?
- IRC: irc.ppirc.net / #lostskyproject
- FawkesGarde on the Shrinemaiden Forums
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @rune_devros