Welcome to MeshMaker
License and submodules
MeshMaker is under MIT license. You find it in file "LICENSE.TXT".
- OpenSubdiv library from Pixar Animation Studios under Ms-PL license. Library is slightly modified for this project, modifications are at https://github.com/filipkunc/OpenSubdiv.
- Fragaria editor. Library is slightly modified for this project, modifications are at https://github.com/filipkunc/Fragaria
For working with submodules I recommend reading Pro Git chapter about submodules.
MeshMaker is very basic modeling tool focused on low poly modeling with triangles and quads.
Triangles and Quads
MeshMaker supports triangles and quads in same mesh. There is no support for arbitrary polygons.
<img src="https://github.com/filipkunc/MeshMaker/raw/master/Screenshots/triquads.png" alt="Triangles and Quads" width="745px" height="569px"></img>
MeshMaker enables edge loop selection with Double Click and edge expand selection with Command Double Click. Combinations of triangle/quad extrusion and expanded edge splitting enables simple and fast modeling.
<img src="https://github.com/filipkunc/MeshMaker/raw/master/Screenshots/edgeloops.png" alt="Edge loops" width="832px" height="653px"></img>
All script actions are undoable.
<img src="https://github.com/filipkunc/MeshMaker/raw/master/Screenshots/scripting.png" alt="Scripting" width="833px" height="652px"></img>
MeshMaker is now mostly C++ project with Objective-C++ on Mac part and C++/CLI and C# on Windows part.
<img src="https://github.com/filipkunc/MeshMaker/raw/more_cpp/Screenshots/triquads_win.png" alt="Triangles and Quads" width="715px" height="541px"></img>
Similar to Maya, Unity.
- Rotation - Alt + Left Mouse Button
- Pan - Alt + Middle Mouse Button
- Zoom - Alt + Right Mouse Button
Editor can be used also only with multitouch trackpad (MacBooks) and keyboard.
- Rotation - Alt + Two Fingers
- Pan - Control + Alt + Two Fingers
- Zoom - Two Fingers Zoom
- Normal selection - Left Mouse Button
- Select through (selects back faces for example) - Control + Left Mouse Button
- Adding to selection - Shift + Left Mouse Button
- Inverting selection - Command + Left Mouse Button
- Soft selection - global mode in Edit menu