The nagiosplugin library
nagiosplugin is a Python class library which helps writing Nagios (or Icinga) compatible plugins easily in Python. It cares for much of the boilerplate code and default logic commonly found in Nagios checks, including:
- Nagios 3 Plugin API compliant parameters and output formatting
- Full Nagios range syntax support
- Automatic threshold checking
- Multiple independend measures
- Custom status line to communicate the main point quickly
- Long output and performance data
- Timeout handling
- Persistent "cookies" to retain state information between check runs
- Resume log file processing at the point where the last run left
nagiosplugin runs on POSIX and Windows systems. It is compatible with Python 3.4, Python 3.3, and Python 3.2.
Feedback and Suggestions
nagiosplugin is primarily written and maintained by Christian Kauhaus <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Feel free to contact the author for bugs, suggestions and patches.
A public issue tracker can be found at https://bitbucket.org/flyingcircus/nagiosplugin/issues.
The nagiosplugin package is released under the Zope Public License 2.1 (ZPL), a BSD-style Open Source license.