Welcome to the LCD Library for Arduino and Chipkit. It is a derivate of the original LiquidCrystal Library as sourced in the Arduino SDK. It has been developed to be compatible with the current LiquidCrystal library,
its performance is almost 5 times faster and fully extendable if need be.
It supports most
Hitachi HD44780 based LCDs, or compatible, connected to any project using: 4, 8
wire parallel interface, I2C IO port expander (native I2C and bit bang) and Shift Regiter.
It currently supports 4 types of connections:
- 4 bit parallel LCD interface
- 8 bit parallel LCD interface
- I2C IO bus expansion board with the PCF8574* I2C IO expander ASIC such as I2C LCD extra IO.
- ShiftRegister adaptor board as described Shift Register project home or in the HW configuration described below, 2 and 3 wire configurations supported.
- ShiftRegister 3 wire latch adaptor board as described ShiftRegister 3 Wire Home
- Support for 1 wire shift register ShiftRegister 1 Wire
- I2C bus expansion using general purpose IO lines.
How do I get set up?
- Please refer to the project's wiki
The library has had the invaluable contribution of:
- piccaso - Florian Fida - Flo, thanks for testing and improving the SR library, initial version of the 1 wire interface and speed improvements.
- B. Perry - email@example.com, with his thoughtful contribution, speed improvements and development support for the SR2W library.
- Adrian Piccioli, with his contribution to the i2c GPIO support.
- todbot Tod E. Kurt for the softwarei2cmaster library.
- felias-fogg - Bernhard for the softwarei2cmaster fast
- Writing tests
- Code review
- Help out with bug fixing
- Setup a project logo
- Write new drivers to support more LCDs.
Who do I talk to?
- Repo owner or admin
- For SoftI2CMaster latest versions, updates and support, please refer to SoftI2CMaster
Copyright (C) - 2018
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License v3.0
along with this program.
If not, see GPL V3.