platform default search path is used. If empty, only the .hg/hgrc
from the current repository is read.
- For each element in path, if a directory, all entries in directory
- ending with ".rc" are added to path. Else, element itself is
+ For each element in HGRCPATH:
+ * if it's a directory, all directories ending with .rc are added
+ * otherwise, the directory itself will be added
- This is the string used as the author of a commit.
+ This is the string used as the author of a commit. If not set,
+ available values will be considered in this order:
+ * hgrc files from the HGRCPATH
+ * LOGNAME (with '@hostname' appended)
If HGUSER is not set, this will be used as the author f or a commit.
+ be used as the author f a commit.
- If neither HGUSER nor EMAIL is set, LOGNAME will be used (with
- '@hostname' appended) as the author value of a commit.
+ May be used as the author of a commit; see HGUSER.
This is the name of the editor to use when committing. See EDITOR.