== v0.16.0 [2013-07-22] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Avoid warnings about uninitialized instance variables.
- Use a more standard method of adding library and include directories.
This fixes build on AIX (Github #7) and Solaris (#164).
- Cancel the running query, if a thread is about to be killed (e.g. by CTRL-C).
- Fix GVL issue with wait_for_notify/notifies and notice callbacks.
- Set proper encoding on the string returned by quote_ident, escape_literal
and escape_identifier (#163).
- Use nil as PG::Error#result in case of a NULL-result from libpq (#166).
- Recalculate the timeout of conn#wait_for_notify and conn#block in case
of socket events that require re-runs of select().
- Fix non working example for PGresult#error_field.
- Add unique exception classes for each PostgreSQL error type (#5).
- Return result of the block in conn#transaction instead of nil (#158).
- Allow 'rake compile' and 'rake gem' on non mercurial repos.
- Add support for PG_DIAG_*_NAME error fields of PostgreSQL-9.3 (#161).
== v0.15.1 [2013-04-08] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Shorten application_name to avoid warnings about truncated identifier.
== v0.15.0 [2013-03-03] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Fix segfault in PG::Result#field_values when called with non String value.
- Fix encoding of messages delivered by notice callbacks.
- Fix text encoding for Connection#wait_for_notify and Connection#notifies.
- Fix 'Bad file descriptor' problems under Windows: wrong behaviour of
#wait_for_notify() and timeout handling of #block on Ruby 1.9.
- conn#socket() can not be used with IO.for_fd() on Windows.
- Tested under Ruby 2.0.0p0.
- Add single row mode of PostgreSQL 9.2.
- Set fallback_application_name to programm name $0. Thanks to Will Leinweber
for the patch.
- Release Ruby's GVL while calls to blocking libpq functions to allow better
concurrency in threaded applications.
- Refactor different variants of waiting for the connection socket.
- Make use of rb_thread_fd_select() on Ruby 1.9 and avoid deprecated
- Add an example of how to insert array data using a prepared statement (#145).
- Add continous integration tests on travis-ci.org.
- Add PG::Result#each_row for iterative over result sets by row. Thanks to
Aaron Patterson for the patch.
- Add a PG::Connection#socket_io method for fetching a (non-autoclosing) IO
object for the connection's socket.
- Fix various specs to run on older PostgreSQL and Ruby versions.
- Avoid fork() in specs to allow usage on Windows and JRuby.
== v0.14.1 [2012-09-02] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Fix stack overflow bug in PG::Result#values and #column_values (#135). Thanks
to everyone who reported the bug, and Lars Kanis especially for figuring out
PostgreSQL 9.2 beta fixes:
- Recognize PGRES_SINGLE_TUPLE as OK when checking PGresult (Jeremy Evans)
- Add note about the usage scope of the result object received by the
#set_notice_receiver block. (Lars Kanis)
- Add PGRES_COPY_BOTH to documentation of PG::Result#result_status. (Lars Kanis)
- Add some documentation to PG::Result#fnumber (fix for #139)
== v0.14.0 [2012-06-17] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
New Methods for PostgreSQL 9 and async API support:
This release also comes with a collection of contributed sample scripts for
doing resource-utilization reports, graphing database statistics,
monitoring for replication lag, shipping WAL files for replication,
automated tablespace partitioning, etc. See the samples/ directory.
== v0.13.2 [2012-02-22] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Make builds against PostgreSQL earlier than 8.3 fail with a descriptive
message instead of a compile failure.
== v0.13.1 [2012-02-12] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Made use of a finished PG::Connection raise a PG::Error instead of
a fatal error (#110).
- Added missing BSDL license file (#108)
== v0.13.0 [2012-02-09] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
Reorganization of modules/classes to be better Ruby citizens (with backward-compatible aliases):
- Created toplevel namespace 'PG' to correspond with the gem name.
- Renamed PGconn to PG::Connection (with ::PGconn alias)
- Renamed PGresult to PG::Result (with ::PGresult alias)
- Renamed PGError to PG::Error (with ::PGError alias)
- Declare all constants inside PG::Constants, then include them in
PG::Connection and PG::Result for backward-compatibility, and
in PG for convenience.
- Split the extension source up by class/module.
- Removed old compatibility code for PostgreSQL versions < 8.3
- Clarified licensing, updated to Ruby 1.9's license.
- Merged authors list, added some missing people to the Contributor's
- Cleaned up the sample/ directory
- Making contact info a bit clearer, link to the Google+ page and
the mailing list
- Added a convenience method: PG.connect -> PG::Connection.new
- Fixed LATIN5-LATIN10 Postgres<->Ruby encoding conversions
== v0.12.2 [2012-01-03] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Fix for the 1.8.7 breakage introduced by the st.h fix for alternative Ruby
implementations (#97 and #98). Thanks to Lars Kanis for the patch.
- Encode error messages with the connection's encoding under 1.9 (#96)
== v0.12.1 [2011-12-14] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
- Made rake-compiler a dev dependency, as Rubygems doesn't use the Rakefile
for compiling the extension. Thanks to eolamey@bitbucket and Jeremy Evans
for pointing this out.
- Added an explicit include for ruby/st.h for implementations that need it
== v0.12.0 [2011-12-07] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
* send nil as the payload argument if the NOTIFY didn't have one.
* accept a nil argument for no timeout (Sequel support)
* Fixed API docs
* Taint and encode event name and payload
- Handle errors while rb_thread_select()ing in PGconn#block.
- Fixes for Win32 async queries (Rafał Bigaj)
- Memory leak fixed: Closing opened WSA event. (rafal)
- Fixes for #66 Win32 asynchronous queries hang on connection
- Fixed a typo in PGconn#error_message's documentation
- fixing unused variable warnings for ruby 1.9.3 (Aaron Patterson)
- Build system bugfixes
- Converted to Hoe
- Updates for the Win32 binary gem builds (Lars Kanis)
== v0.11.0 [2011-02-09] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
* Added a PGresult#values method to fetch all result rows as an Array of
Arrays. Thanks to Jason Yanowitz (JYanowitz at enovafinancial dot com) for
== v0.10.1 [2011-01-19] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
* Add an include guard for pg.h
* Simplify the common case require of the ext
* Include the extconf header
* Fix compatibility with versions of PostgreSQL without PQgetCancel. (fixes #36)
* Fix require for natively-compiled extension under Windows. (fixes #55)
* Change rb_yield_splat() to rb_yield_values() for compatibility with Rubinius. (fixes #54)
== v0.10.0 [2010-12-01] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
* Added support for the payload of NOTIFY events (w/Mahlon E. Smith)
* Updated the build system with Rubygems suggestions from RubyConf 2010
* Fixed issue with PGconn#wait_for_notify that caused it to miss notifications that happened after
the LISTEN but before the wait_for_notify.
== v0.9.0 [2010-02-28] Michael Granger <ged@FaerieMUD.org>
== v0.8.0 [2009-03-28] Jeff Davis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bugfixes, better Windows support.