iwlib - interface with wireless tools in Linux
iwlib is a package for interfacing with iwlib, providing an implementation to the wireless tools in Linux.
While very incomplete at the moment, it aims to eventually become a complete implementation, as features become necessary. If you find some functionality missing, feel free to contribute to the project, or create an issue on the bug tracker.
Currently it provides what I consider the bare minimum to become useful - scanning, setting the ESSID of a device, and getting the current configuration back from a device.
Installation requires the Python developer tools, and wireless_tools package for compilation. If Python.h and iwlib.h exist on your system, you should be good to go.
$ pip install iwlib
- 1.5 (1st October 2014)
- Added support for Python 3
- 1.4 (12th June 2014)
- Fixed incompatibility with wireless_tools version 30.pre9
- Fixed build error that resulted in iwconfig and iwlist not being built.
- Minor cleanups
- Feels "snappier"
- 1.3.1 (2nd April 2013)
- Fixed packaging issue involving missing header files.
- 1.3 (24th March 2013)
- Added iwlib.utils module. See documentation for details.
- Added iwlib.iwlist module. See documentation for details.
- Added function set_essid, to iwlib.iwconfig.
- 1.2.1 (21st March 2013)
- Initial release of code, as it was when I inherited it.