raise exc.PhysicsObjectCreationError(type_='Rotary joint')
def add_torque(self, torque):
- """Applies the torque about the rotation axis
+ """Apply torque about the rotation axis.
+ :param torque: magnitude
- """Returns the angle (float) between the two bodies. Its value is
- between -pi and +pi. The zero angle is determined by the position of
- the bodies when joint anchor is set."""
+ """Return the angle between the two bodies.
+ The zero angle is determined by the position of the bodies
+ when joint's anchor was set.
+ :return: value ranging ``-pi`` and ``+pi``
- """Returns the angle rate (float)"""
+ """Return the rate of change of the angle between the two bodies.
raise exc.JointError(self, 'Failed to get the angle rate of this joint')
def set_speed(self, speed, max_force=None):
+ """Set rotation speed to ``speed``.
+ The joint will set that speed by applying a force up to
+ ``max_force``, so it is not guaranteed that ``speed``
+ :param speed: speed to set
+ :param max_force: if not None, the maximum force the joint can
+ apply when trying to set the rotation speed
+ :type max_force: float or None
dispatcher.send(signals.JOINT_PRE_SET_SPEED, sender=self, speed=speed)
if max_force is not None: