0) clean working directory. The best choice is to shelve all changes.
1) test that the source distribution is created appropriately (in all the archive formats)
+ as well as the Wheel distribution.
$ python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,zip
+ $ python setup.py bdist_wheel
2) update version/release number and commit. Change it in
-3) tag previous changeset with the output of `ars.get_version()` e.g. '0.4a1'
+3) in branch 'default', merge with 'dev' and tag previous changeset
+(e.g. 1084 = 9fa5876718f0) with the output of `ars.get_version()` e.g. '0.5a2'
+ $ hg tag --rev 1084 "--message=Added tag 0.5a2 for changeset 9fa5876718f0" 0.5a2
-4) create and upload source distribution to PyPI
+4) create and upload source and binary distributions to PyPI
$ python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,zip upload
+ $ python setup.py bdist_wheel upload
+ Go to https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=ARS&:action=submit_form
+ and "PKG-INFO file" > "Choose file" > "Add Package Info" to create a new
+ release manually. Then upload source dist files (gzip and zip)
+ with "File type" set to "source", and Wheel dist
+ with "File type", "Python version" set to "Python wheel", "Any".
5) test installation with 'pip'
9) set the .zip as the default download for Windows and Mac OSX, and the .gz
+NOT anymore (download URLs are dynamically created for tags e.g.
10) upload the same files here: https://bitbucket.org/glarrain/ars/downloads
11) Verify documentation builds passed here: https://readthedocs.org/builds/ars-project/