0) clean working directory. The best choice is to shelve all changes.
1) test that the source distribution is created appropriately (in all the archive formats)
+ as well as the Wheel distribution.
$ python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,zip
+ $ python setup.py bdist_wheel
2) update version/release number and commit. Change it in
$ hg tag --rev 1084 "--message=Added tag 0.5a2 for changeset 9fa5876718f0" 0.5a2
-4) create and upload source distribution to PyPI
+4) create and upload source distribution to PyPI
$ python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,zip upload
+ $ python setup.py bdist_wheel upload
Go to https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=ARS&:action=submit_form
and "PKG-INFO file" > "Choose file" > "Add Package Info" to create a new
- release manually. Then upload both files (gzip and zip) with "File type"
+ release manually. Then upload source dist files (gzip and zip)
+ with "File type" set to "source", and Wheel dist
+ with "File type", "Python version" set to "Python wheel", "Any".
5) test installation with 'pip'