virtualenvwrapper is a set of extensions to Ian Bicking's `virtualenv
<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv>`_ tool. The extensions include
wrappers for creating and deleting virtual environments and otherwise
managing your development workflow, making it easier to work on more
than one project at a time without introducing conflicts in their
1. Organizes all of your virtual environments in one place.
2. Wrappers for creating and deleting environments, including
3. Use a single command to switch between environments.
4. Tab completion for commands that take a virtual environment as
1. Create a directory to hold all of the virtual environments. The default is
2. Add two lines to your .bashrc to set the location where the virtual environments should
live and the location of the script installed with this package::
3. Run: ``source ~/.bashrc``
4. Run: ``workon``
5. A list of environments, empty, is printed.
6. Run: ``mkvirtualenv temp``
7. A new environment, ``temp`` is created and activated.
8. Run: ``workon``
9. This time, the ``temp`` environment is included.
Copyright Doug Hellmann, All Rights Reserved
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
supporting documentation, and that the name of Doug Hellmann not be used
in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
without specific, written prior permission.
DOUG HELLMANN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE,
INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO
EVENT SHALL DOUG HELLMANN BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF
USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.