django-powerdns-manager is a web based PowerDNS administration panel.
Licensed under the Apache License version 2.0. More licensing information exists in the license section.
django-powerdns-manager should be considered work in progress. Until the first stable release is out, changes to the database schema and the supported features may occur without notice and without the provision of migration instructions or scripts.
Please, do not use this software in production.
As soon as the first stable release is out, backwards compatibility will be preserved and release notes containing migration instructions will be published in future releases.
If you still need to use this software in production, you are on your own. In such a case, it is recommended to pick a release that works for you and stick to it without upgrading, until the first final version is out.
- Web based administration interface based on the admin Django app.
- Easy management of all records of a zone from a single web page.
- Support for multiple users.
- Database schema is DNSSEC enabled.
- Automatic zone-rectify support, including support for empty non-terminals, using native python code.
- The application can be configured to support a user-defined subset of the resource records supported by PowerDNS and customize the order in which they appear in the administration panel.
- Zone cloning (experimental).
- Zone transfers between users.
- Zone file import through web form.
- Zone file export.
- Basic zone templates.
- Command-line interfaces to import and export zones in bulk.
- Support for secure updating of dynamic IP addresses in A and AAAA records.
- Supports using a dedicated database to store the tables needed by PowerDNS. This database may use a different backend than the main database of the Django project.
- Contains demo project for quick start and experimentation.
The distribution package of django-powerdns-manager contains an example project that can help you check out the features of the software and also quickly experiment with the source code.
Although, the example project has already been configured for you, there are still some required steps before you are able to run it using the development server. These steps are discussed in detail in the Quickstart Guide.
The source code of this project is available at the following official repositories.
Main repository (mercurial):
Mirror repository (git):
Pull requests are welcome. Please note that it may take a long time before pull requests are reviewed.
This software is released as free-software and provided to you at no cost. However, a significant amount of time and effort has gone into developing this software and writing this documentation. So, the production of this software has not been free from cost. It is highly recommended that, if you use this software in production, you should consider making a donation.
Copyright 2012-2014 George Notaras <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the License exists in the product distribution; the LICENSE file. For copyright and other important notes regarding this release please read the NOTICE file.