Table of Contents:
mingw-gdc started as a means to experiment with features relating to MinGW without disturbing GDC. Some features will never find a home within GDC and others are awaiting third party patch acceptance.
The features listed here are only available from the mingw-gdc patches.
- Ability to have one installation for D1 and D2.
- Removal of 'main' function from Phobos. This caused issues when trying to link with -mwindows.
- OS TLS support. Currently GCC TLS emulation cannot work with garbage collectors.
- Various changes required for MinGW64 support.
- Phobos links with libws2_32.a. Required by std.socket.
- dllexport applied to a modules 'ModuleInfoZ' symbol.
- Replacement for stdio family of functions to avoid deficiencies with MSVCRT.
MinGW Command line switches
A list of the available command line switches specific to MinGW GDC:
|-v1||Compile using D1.|
|-v2||Compile using D2. (default)|
|-fno-dmain||Do not link 'main' function from phobos.|
- See MinGWSamples for example code specific to MinGW.
- See DWinProgramming more examples.
- The D Programming Language http://www.d-programming-language.org/windows.html|Howtos]] contain some Windows specific examples.
- 64-bit field-less structs will throw a null this exception when used with varargs.
- TLS support is currently only available with the mingw-gdc patches.