Satchmo Change Log
see notes in docs/release-notes-0.9.txt
Version 0.8.1, December 14, 2008
* Fix user name generator to handle unicode chars more robustly
* Fix handling of ampersands in PDF generation
* Update Italian translation
* Update DOB widget
* Added never_cache decorator to several views
* Code speedups for discount checking
Version 0.8, November 25, 2008
* Add USPS shipping module
* Converted to using newforms admin
* Made country validation of post code and territories/states more robust
* Added Protx payment support
* New config setting to hide translation fields
* Refactored payment code to be more modular
* Change a time stamp field name for Oracle compatability
* Added support for brands
* New shuffle filter
* Multi-site support
* Added Italian & Hebrew translation
* Migrated to new django comments functionality. Remove the need for comment_utils
* Move admin to use nfa and rest of Satchmo now compatible with django 1.0
* Removed all standalone satchmo settings from settings.py and local_settings.py, moving them
to a dictionary. This allows for explicit defaults and for easier integration with other apps.
* Moved all order methods, classes and views into the satchmo.shop application from Contact
* Fixed circular imports in several apps.
* New configuration feature in payment section, allowing shop owners to be notified by email
when they have a new sale.
* Refactor of emailing on order completion, now uses signals, simplifying payment modules.
* New optional app "satchmo.upsell" which allows product upselling on product detail pages.
* New signals in get_qty_price methods of products, allowing code to manipulate the price returned
by the function. Example code using these signals is at satchmo.contrib.cartqty_discounts,
which modifies the qty_discount method to calculate the discount based on the total number of items
in the cart, rather than the total amount of the lineitem.
* Improved inheritance of detail_producttype.html pages, which no longer need to duplicate as much of
the code of base_product.html, allowing for easier addition of features to the product detail pages.
* New most popular, best sellers and recently added views
* New tiered shipping module based on quantity
* New Fedex shipping module
* New configuration option to force login for checkout
* Refactored base template layout to be more extensible
* Refactored the login and signup code to make it more extensible
* Improved performance of price lookups
* Recurring billing support for Authorize.net
* New Purchase Order payment module
Version 0.7, May 26, 2008
* Added config files to make rpm creation easier
* German translation
* New capability to choose the translation language
* COD payment module
* Category code cleanup
* Highlight active category in the menu
* Install documentation cleanup
* New feature to manage translations of all parts of Satchmo content
* Ability to add images to categories & override category sort order
* Improvements to CustomProduct to make it more broadly useable
* Currency displayed using the chosen locale
* Documented creation of custom payment modules
* Creation of new templatetags (product_category_siblings and product_images)
* Created new Shipping Module, 'Tiered', allowing multiple carriers and variable pricing by cart total.
* Added cybersource payment module
* New config values to display featured products randomly
* Increased length of Contact phonenumber to work internationally
* Added shipping countries directly to Shop - allowing the shops to specify legal countries for shipping.
* Updated google analytics to new code, with an optional fallback to the old urchin.js
* Added new Tax module "Area", which calculates taxes based on country or state.
* Updated discount system to track which discounts were applied to which line items.
* Add weight and dimension unit info to the product model.
* Provide integration for UPS online tools.
* New sku model field
* New gift certificate capability.
* Fixed New Zealand states/region info in l10n data
* Improvements to tax calc code
* Updated swedish translation
* Improve checks to make sure dupe emails are not used by accounts
* Fixed a bug with PDF generation in windows
* Improved product export capability to support categories
* Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
* Added a subscription product
* Cleaned up breadcrumbs to make it easier to modify via css
* Removed storage of ccv field in database
* Actually keep track of items when they are sold
* Swedish and German translation updates
* Can now prevent someone from purchasing an item that is out of stock
* Google feed support
* New Bulgarian translation
* Korean translation
* Recently viewed items support
* Wishlist support
* UI improvements to the admin site
* SEO optimizations to templates
* Performance improvements when using Configurable Products
* Fix some unicode issues with some of the shipping and payment processing backends
* Trustcommerce bug fixes
* Updated documentation to use sphinx
* Fixed some bugs in pdf generation
* Made pdf logo selection part of the configuration settings
Version 0.6, October 30, 2007
* Removed dependency on Webda and added new l10n models
* Added capability to rate and review products
* Improved capabilities for users to manage their account information
* Creation of a simple inventory management interface
* Multiple bug fixes and code cleanups
* New configuration option to allow user to set image upload directory name
* Improved error handling for loading data
* Allow manual product ordering in a category
* Remove most custom settings from local_settings.py, instead using the satchmo.configuration app
* Added a cache manager
* Added TrustCommerce as a processing module
* New downloadable product type
* New custom product type
* Added Swedish translation
Version 0.5, August 22, 2007
* First official package launch