Flake8 is a wrapper around these tools:
- Ned's MacCabe script
Flake8 runs all tools by launching the single 'flake8' script, but ignores pep8 and PyFlakes extended options and just uses defaults. It displays the warnings in a per-file, merged output.
It also adds a few features:
files that starts with this header are skipped:
# flake8: noqa
lines that contains a "# NOQA" comment at the end will not issue a warning
a Mercurial hook
more things to come..
- pep8: http://github.com/jcrocholl/pep8/
- PyFlakes: http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodPyflakes
- McCabe: http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200803/python_code_complexity_microtool.html
To use the Mercurial hook on any commit or qrefresh, change your .hg/rc file like this:
[hooks] commit = python:flake8.run.hg_hook qrefresh = python:flake8.run.hg_hook [flake8] strict = 0
If strict option is set to 1, any warning will block the commit. When strict is set to 0, warnings are just displayed in the standard output.
0.7 - 2010-02-18
- Fix pep8 intialization when run through Hg
- Make pep8 short options work when run throug the command line
- skip duplicates when controlling files via Hg
0.6 - 2010-02-15
- Fix the McCabe metric on some loops