- allow user to opt-in.
- allow user to opt-out.
- export subscribed users to a CSV file via the admin.
- add 'newsletter' directory to your Python path.
- add 'newsletter' to your INSTALLED_APPS tuple found in your settings file.
- execute ./manage.py syncdb to created database tables
- Log into your admin and enjoy!
- To customize the templates add a "newsletter" directory to your project's templates dir.
I included an example site in the /example directory. You should be able to simply execute './manage.py syncdb' and then './manage.py runserver' and have the example site up and running. I assume your system has sqlite3 available - it is set as the default database with the DATABASE_NAME = 'dev.db'
- From the repository root directory execute "cd example" to jump into the example dir.
- Execute './manage.py syncdb' (This assumes that sqlite3 is available as it is set as the default database with th DATABASE_NAME = 'dev.db'.)
- Executing '/manage.py loaddata fixtures/newsletter_initial.json' will load initial data for you for testing purposes.
- Execute './manage.py runserver' and you will have the example site up and running. The home page will have links to get to the available views.
- The admin is available at "/admin". Feel free to play around with it!