Need a quick way to send a message to slack from the command line? This will do the job (and not much else)
Useful inside scripts to report back to an administrator.
What is this repository for?
- Shell script that uses curl to send a message to slack
- Very simple
- By Hansen IT Solutions
How do I get set up?
- Summary of set up
- Install curl to your system.
- Copy the slackecho script to your binary path
- Update the SLACKURL with your own (todo: create a config file and a way to setup the file on first run)
- Update the 'defaults' within the script
- How to run tests
- Writing tests
- Code review
- Other guidelines
- Configuration moved to a seperate file
Who do I talk to?