This chapter contains documentation of the pupyMPI API. It's further divided by a number of subsections.
- The MPI object
- A singleton class containing the main handle to the MPI environment.
- The communicators
- It's through the communicators the main communication between processes is handled. Each communicator contains a number of members and all communication in a communicator must be between members. When the MPI object is initialized a single communicator called MPI_COMM_WORLD exists containing all started processes as members.
- The reuqest objects
- Some communication calls returns a request handle. Through this handle it's possible to control a number of things for that communication.
- Semantics for custom operations in collective calls
- Some collective calls like scan, reduce and allreduce allows the users to define custom functions used to calculate the final result. Those functions should uphold some specification.