-What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.3?
+hachoir-metadata 1.3 (2010-01-20)
* Create hachoir-metadata-qt: a graphical interface (Qt toolkit)
to display files metadata
* Hide Hachoir warnings by default (use --verbose to show them)
* hachoir-metadata program: create --force-parser option to choose the parser
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.2.1?
+hachoir-metadata 1.2.1 (2008-10-16)
* Using --raw, strings are not normalized (don't strip trailing space, new
* Improve OLE2 (Word) extractor
* Fix ASF extractor for hachoir-parser 1.2.1
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.2?
+hachoir-metadata 1.2 (2008-09-03)
* Create --maxlen option for hachoir-metadata program: --maxlen=0 disable
the arbitrary string length limit
* GIF image may contains multiple comments
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.1?
+hachoir-metadata 1.1 (2008-04-01)
* More extractors are more stable and fault tolerant
* Create basic Gtk+ GUI: hachoir-metadata-gtk
* MOV: read width and height
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.0?
+hachoir-metadata 1.0.1 (???)
* Only use hachoir_core.profiler with --profiler command line option
so 'profiler' Python module is now optional
* Set shebang to "#!/usr/bin/python"
+hachoir-metadata 1.0 (2007-07-11)
* Real audio: read number of channel, bit rate, sample rate and
* Use Language from hachoir_core to store language from ID3 and MKV
* OLE2 and FLV: Extractors are now fault tolerant
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.10.0?
-hachoir-metadata is now fault tolerant (like hachoir-core and hachoir-parser)!
-It is also robust against fuzzing tests.
- * Microsoft Archive (.mar)
- * Microsoft Office documents: Word (.doc), Excel (.xls), Powerpoint (.ppt)
- * X11 Portable Compiled Font (.pcf)
- * New-style Executable (Windows 16-bits program)
- * Make a distinction between the raw value and the formated value, so it's
- possible to reuse data. Eg. number of channel raw value is 2 (integer) and
- formated value is "stereo" (string)
- * Add plugin for Nautilus program (of Gnome project)
- * Add plugin for Konqueror program (of KDE project)
- * hasattr(meta, "key") => meta.has("key")
- * meta.key => meta.get("key") or meta.getText("key")
- * "quality" argument to limit extraction complexity (quality=0 is
- the fastest extraction, quality=1.0 is the best but also the slowest)
- * Code is now fault tolerant: don't crash on error but just display error
- message and continue the extraction
- * creation_date and last_modification value type is datetime.date() or
- datetime.datetime() (and not a string)
- * duration type is datetime.timedelta(): precision is now microseconds
- * track_number and track_total raw value type is an integer
- * MPEG audio: read music genre and language from ID3v2 and compute
- approximation of bit rate and duration of VBR MP3
- * JPEG: support progressive JPEG (all start of frame types)
- * JPEG (IPTC): Support creation date (keys 55 and 60)
- * Convert more strings to Unicode
- * Reject sample rate smalller than 1 kHz
- * MKV: don't read metadata tags ("SimpleTags") if quality<good
- * ASF: extract album title, track number and create date (year)
- * Archives: max number of processed files depends on quality argument
- * Compute compression rate of archive, audio and picture documents (when we
- have enough informations to do it)
- * Don't compute Ogg duration with quality < 0.5 (default)
- * PNG: Fix bits/pixel computation
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.9.0?
- * Add extractors for EXE program, PSD picture, TTF font and Torrent file
- * Set limits to value to skip invalid metadata (eg. year in 1900..2030)
- * Ogg: compute duration and support "video" chunk
- * Add keys "track_total", "version"
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8.2?
- * Truncate very long string (more than 800 characters)
- * setup.py uses distutils by default (and not setuptools) and doesn't depend
- on hachoir-core nor hachoir-parser
- * AIFF: skip duration computation if rate is nul (to avoid division by zero)
- * XCF: catch KeyError on bits_per_pixel
- * JPEG (EXIF): only convert exposure to "1/%g" is value is a float
- * WAVE: rewrite extractor. Fix bit rate, fix duration computation, support
- wave with 6 channels and IEEE (32-bit float) codec
- * AVI: avoid division by zero in duration computation
- * Matroska: convert string to Unicode if needed
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8.1?
- * Fix --version command line option (rename module hachoir to hachoir_core)
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8?
- * Aldus Placeable Metafile (APM) picture
- * Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF)
- * Audio Interchange File Format Compressed (AIFC)
- * Microsoft Enhanced Metafile (EMF) picture
- * Microsoft Windows Metafile (WMF) picture
- * For string, strip spaces and then skip empty string
- * ICO: use 8 bits/pixel if bpp=0
- * JPEG: format version is "JFIF %u.%02u" (and not "JPEG %s.%s")
- * JPEG: don't compute JPEG quality if needed fields are missing
- * RIFF: compute duration of each stream since audio stream may be
- shorter than video stream
-What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.7?
- * New extractors: Ogg/Vorbis and Ogg/Theora
- * JPEG: compute JPEG quality
- * Matroska: extract subtitle info, support multiple audio and video streams,
- read audio codec, read audio/video title and language
- * Audio: extract bits/sample for audio
- * GIF: read comments and pixel format
- * RIFF: able to use AVI header, support multiple audio streams
- * ID3: also extract creation date
- * IPTC: recognize more tags (author, country, title)
- * Add --parser-list and --profiler command line options
- * Strip spaces (space, tab, new line) for all strings
- * Remove duplicate string and also if you have "verlongtext" and "verylo",
- * Add warning when a tag is skipped (for ID3, etc.)
- * Support invalid unicode filenames
- * Fix all divison to avoid divison by zero
- * TAR and ZIP archives: only process first 5 files
- * EXIF: ignore image size if we already know the size since EXIF size is not
- updated when an image is resized
- * Bitmap: read format version
- * Use array() to simply code
- * Convert raw string to unicode string using charset ISO-8859-1
- * Add get() method to Metadata class
- * Group name can be "name": replaced by name, name, ...