-What's new in hachoir-core 1.2.2?
* Add more charsets to GenericString: CP874, WINDOWS-1250, WINDOWS-1251,
WINDOWS-1254, WINDOWS-1255, WINDOWS-1256,WINDOWS-1257, WINDOWS-1258,
* Fix initLocale(): return charset even if config.unicode_stdout is False
+ * HachoirError: replace "message" attribute by "text" to fix Python 2.6
+ compatibility (message attribute is deprecated)
-What's new in hachoir-core 1.2.1?
+hachoir-core 1.2.1 (2008-10)
* Create configuration option "unicode_stdout" which avoid replacing
stdout and stderr by objects supporting unicode string
* guessBytesCharset() now supports ISO-8859-7 (greek)
* durationWin64() is now deprecated, use TimedeltaWin64 instead
-What's new in hachoir-core 1.2?
+hachoir-core 1.2 (2008-09)
* Create Field.getFieldType(): describe a field type and gives some useful
informations (eg. the charset for a string)
* GenericString: only guess the charset once; if the charset attribute
if not set, guess it when it's asked by the user.
-What's new in hachoir-core 1.1?
+hachoir-core 1.1 (2008-04-01)
Main change: string values are always encoded as Unicode. Details:
* humanDatetime(): strip microseconds by default (add optional argument to
-What's new in hachoir-core 1.0?
+hachoir-core 1.0 (2007-07-10)
* Rename parser.tags to parser.PARSER_TAGS to be compatible
* Dict: use iteritems() instead of items() for faster operations on
-What's new in hachoir-core 0.9?
- * String value is ALWAYS unicode, even on charset conversion:
- use charset ISO-8859-1 on error
- * Remove text_handler argument to bit and integer fields:
- use textHandler() instead
- * Field.raw_display attribute creation is now fault tolerant and use cache
- * SeekableFieldSet class is near complete and more stable
- * GenericFieldSet: use a lock to avoid field creation recursion
- * Add function limitedMemory() to call another function with a memory limit
- * Add functions durationWin64(), timestampUUID60() and timedelta2seconds()
- * Add "class" argument to SubFile constructor: specify a parser class
- * String classes: add truncate argument to constructor
- * Rewrite humanDuration() which now accepts float and datetime.timedelta()
- * BasicFieldSet: only use static_size if size is None (in constructor)
- * Bit.raw_display is now "0" or "1" (and not "True" or "False")
- * Float80.createValue() raises ValueError on overflow
- * humanUnixAttributes() returns unicode string
- * ISO 639: convert data to Unicode
- * Field uses parent.nextFieldAddress() to get address and
- parent.getFieldIndex() to know its index (to be compatible with
- * SeekableFieldSet: constructor use size argument
- * SeekableFieldSet: add getField(), _getField(), __getitem()__,
- current_size and size attributes
- * SeekableFieldSet: seekBit()/seekByte() checks address and field
- creation check bigger limit (address+size)
- * String: support "CP037" charset
- * GenericFieldSet: _addField() raise an ParserError if field type is invalid
- instead of an assertion
- * SeekableFieldSet: fix seekBit(), getFieldByAddress() and done attribute
- * GenericFieldSet: _fixFieldSize() doesn't display warning if the field is
- * Fix createOrphanField(): always restore old field set address
- * Fix Field._getDisplay(), cache wasn't used
- * RawBytes: create method _createDisplay() to use classic prototype for
- createDisplay() method (no extra argument)
- * Fix RawBytes._createDisplay() when string is truncated
-What's new in hachoir-core 0.8?
- * Field value and display attributes are fault tolerant
- * Int24 and UInt24: signed/unsigned 24-bit integer ;
- * Float80: 80-bit floating point number ;
- * TimestampMSDOS32: 32-bit MS-DOS, since January 1st 1980 ;
- * TimestampUnix32: 32-bit UNIX, seconds since January 1st 1970 ;
- * TimestampMac32: 32-bit Mac, seconds since January 1st 1904 ;
- * TimestampWin64: 64-bit Windows, nanoseconds since January 1st 1600.
- * Function createOrphanField(): allow to create a field at any address
- * String: add "MacRoman" charset, and rename "UTF-16LE" to "UTF-16-LE"
- (and UTF-16BE to UTF-16-BE) for IronPython compatibility
- * Write functions timestampUNIX(), timestampMac32(), timestampWin64(),
- and humanDatetime() for IronPython compatibility. Functions use UTC and
- * Add methods getSubIStream() and setSubIStream() to Field class
- * Split GenericFieldSet into BasicFieldSet and GenericFieldSet, and create
- SeekableFieldSet (not working yet) class
- * Remove EncodedField (replaced by SubFile).
- * Move hachoir_core.editor to new subproject hachoir_editor
- * Use ASCII and not ISO-8859-1 charset for raw display
- * Field class inherits from Logger to have info(), warning() and error() methods
-What's new in hachoir-core 0.7.2?
- * Fault tolerant: create HACHOIR_ERRORS constant, a list of minor errors that
- can be ignored. This list is used in try/except to catch errors when
- creating field description or new field.
- * setup.py only uses setuptools when it's asked
- * GenericString: add truncate optional argument
- * hexadecimal() text handler now accepts field of any size:
- * HachoirError: use makePrintable() to convert string to Unicode (when needed)
- * GenericInteger: raise error when field size is bigger than 256 bits
- * Fix humanDuration() for duration bigger than one year
- * Remove unused function align_nearest()
-What's new in hachoir-core 0.7.1?
- * New field type Float80 (80-bit flotting point number)
- * New field type CompressedField (for compressed content)
- * Create utility function createDict()
- * Remove (old and unused) unit tests
-What's new in hachoir-core 0.7?
- * Rename the component "hachoir" to "hachoir-core"
- * Editor supports Float32, Float64 and Character types
- * Floats are now field set: it's possible
- to read sign, exponent and mantissa
- * New type EncodedFile to parse "encoded" subfile:
- compressed, encrypted, encoded in base64, etc.
- * New types GenericVector and UserVector to parse vectors
- * Raw display is now closer to hexadecimal reprensentation for many types
- * Rewrite documentation (hachoir-api.txt)
- * Parser: don't have mime_type or tags attributes anymore
- * Cleanup some Field methods: getOriginalDisplay() becomes raw_display
- property, methods _createValue() and _createDescription() become public,
- * FileInputStream() and FileOutputStream() now have optional "real_filename"
- to accept invalid unicode filename
- * Add __repr__() and __unicode__() methods to Field
- * Use cache for array() method
- * New types Int24 and UInt24
- * Field value is now read-only
- * FieldSet.seekBit()/seekByte() has null optional argument to create
- * createPaddingField() raise an exception on invalid size
- instead of using assertion
- * str2hex() always returns Unicode string
- * Remove file export_xml.py (moved to hachoir-console component)
- * Use fstat() to get input size instead of seek()+tell() since unusual
- files on /proc on Linux returns invalid size
- * GenericString: fix UnixLine, fix UTF-16 with BOM,
- remove ISO-8859-12 charset (doesn't exist)
- * Catch seek() error in InputStream and raise InputStreamError()
- * Fix _fixFieldSize() method for field set with nul size
- * Fix UnicodeStdout on 8-bit terminal (eg. MS-Dos terminal on Windows)
- * Fix makePrintable(): quote quote character if needed
-what's new in hachoir 0.6.1?
- * Fix GenericString length attribute: wasn't initialized for UTF-* strings
- * Fix and improve FakeArray (created with fieldset.array("name"))
- * Add text_handler optional argument to Bits and RawBits
- * On name duplicate error (a field was same name already exists), add ""
- to its name instead and display an error raising an exception
- * Add class documentation to all types (PaddingBits, Float32, ...)
- * Fix reversed() code and __all__ constant in hachoir.compatibility
- * Add available_types variable to hachoir.field (used by hachoir-wx)
-What's new in Hachoir 0.6?
-First of all, Hachoir project is split in backend: hachoir-core and
-hachoir-parser, and in frontends: hachoir-console, hachoir-urwid,
-hachoir-metadata, etc. Changes listed here are only about hachoir-core.
- * Hachoir is able to edit a file: edit field value, delete field, insert
- * Support of piped input: use small data cache and try to do the most
- without knowing stream size
- * Better autofix feature to be able to open invalid / truncated files
- * Support charset UTF-16 (and UTF-32) for strings
- * Use Unicode strings everywhere (but only for text, not for binary data)
- * Use gettext to translate messages => but disabled by default since
- setup.py is not able to compile .po file to .mo...
- * Add new field types: NullBits, NullBytes and SubFile
- * Create array() method for field set: self["name[%u]" % index] is now
- the same then self.array("name")[index]