What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.2.2?
* Create ISO image extractor
What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.2.1?
* Using --raw, strings are not normalized (don't strip trailing space, new
line, nul byte, etc.)
* Extract much more informations from Microsoft Office documents (.doc, .xsl,
* Improve OLE2 (Word) extractor
* Fix ASF extractor for hachoir-parser 1.2.1
What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.2?
* Create --maxlen option for hachoir-metadata program: --maxlen=0 disable
the arbitrary string length limit
* Create FLAC metadata extractor
* Create hachoir_metadata.config, especially MAX_STR_LENGTH option
(maximum string length)
* GIF image may contains multiple comments
What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.1?
* More extractors are more stable and fault tolerant
* Create basic Gtk+ GUI: hachoir-metadata-gtk
* Catch error on data conversion
* Read width and height DPI for most image formats
* JPEG (EXIF): read GPS informations
* Each data item can has its own "setter"
* Add more ID3 keys (TCOP, TDAT, TRDA, TORY, TIT1)
* Create datetime filter supporting timezone
* Add "meters", "pixels", "DPI" suffix for human display
* Create SWF extractor
* RIFF: read also informations from headers field, compute audio
* MOV: read width and height
* ASF: read album artist
What's new in hachoir-metadata 1.0?
* Only use hachoir_core.profiler with --profiler command line option
so 'profiler' Python module is now optional
* Set shebang to "#!/usr/bin/python"
* Real audio: read number of channel, bit rate, sample rate and
compute compression rate
* JPEG: Read user commment
* Windows ANI: Read frame rate
* Use Language from hachoir_core to store language from ID3 and MKV
* OLE2 and FLV: Extractors are now fault tolerant
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.10.0?
hachoir-metadata is now fault tolerant (like hachoir-core and hachoir-parser)!
It is also robust against fuzzing tests.
New supported formats:
* Microsoft Archive (.mar)
* Microsoft Office documents: Word (.doc), Excel (.xls), Powerpoint (.ppt)
* X11 Portable Compiled Font (.pcf)
* New-style Executable (Windows 16-bits program)
* Make a distinction between the raw value and the formated value, so it's
possible to reuse data. Eg. number of channel raw value is 2 (integer) and
formated value is "stereo" (string)
* Add plugin for Nautilus program (of Gnome project)
* Add plugin for Konqueror program (of KDE project)
* New API:
* hasattr(meta, "key") => meta.has("key")
* meta.key => meta.get("key") or meta.getText("key")
* "quality" argument to limit extraction complexity (quality=0 is
the fastest extraction, quality=1.0 is the best but also the slowest)
* Code is now fault tolerant: don't crash on error but just display error
message and continue the extraction
* creation_date and last_modification value type is datetime.date() or
datetime.datetime() (and not a string)
* duration type is datetime.timedelta(): precision is now microseconds
and not milliseconds
* track_number and track_total raw value type is an integer
* MPEG audio: read music genre and language from ID3v2 and compute
approximation of bit rate and duration of VBR MP3
* JPEG: support progressive JPEG (all start of frame types)
* JPEG (IPTC): Support creation date (keys 55 and 60)
* Convert more strings to Unicode
* Reject sample rate smalller than 1 kHz
* MKV: don't read metadata tags ("SimpleTags") if quality<good
* ASF: extract album title, track number and create date (year)
* Archives: max number of processed files depends on quality argument
* Compute compression rate of archive, audio and picture documents (when we
have enough informations to do it)
* Don't compute Ogg duration with quality < 0.5 (default)
* PNG: Fix bits/pixel computation
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.9.0?
* Add extractors for EXE program, PSD picture, TTF font and Torrent file
* Set limits to value to skip invalid metadata (eg. year in 1900..2030)
* Ogg: compute duration and support "video" chunk
* Add keys "track_total", "version"
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8.2?
* Truncate very long string (more than 800 characters)
* setup.py uses distutils by default (and not setuptools) and doesn't depend
on hachoir-core nor hachoir-parser
* AIFF: skip duration computation if rate is nul (to avoid division by zero)
* XCF: catch KeyError on bits_per_pixel
* JPEG (EXIF): only convert exposure to "1/%g" is value is a float
* WAVE: rewrite extractor. Fix bit rate, fix duration computation, support
wave with 6 channels and IEEE (32-bit float) codec
* AVI: avoid division by zero in duration computation
* Matroska: convert string to Unicode if needed
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8.1?
* Fix --version command line option (rename module hachoir to hachoir_core)
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.8?
* Aldus Placeable Metafile (APM) picture
* Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF)
* Audio Interchange File Format Compressed (AIFC)
* Microsoft Enhanced Metafile (EMF) picture
* Microsoft Windows Metafile (WMF) picture
* Real audio
* Real media
* Targa picture
* For string, strip spaces and then skip empty string
* ICO: use 8 bits/pixel if bpp=0
* JPEG: format version is "JFIF %u.%02u" (and not "JPEG %s.%s")
* JPEG: don't compute JPEG quality if needed fields are missing
* RIFF: compute duration of each stream since audio stream may be
shorter than video stream
What's new in hachoir-metadata 0.7?
* New extractors: Ogg/Vorbis and Ogg/Theora
* JPEG: compute JPEG quality
* Matroska: extract subtitle info, support multiple audio and video streams,
read audio codec, read audio/video title and language
* Audio: extract bits/sample for audio
* GIF: read comments and pixel format
* RIFF: able to use AVI header, support multiple audio streams
* ID3: also extract creation date
* IPTC: recognize more tags (author, country, title)
* Add --parser-list and --profiler command line options
* Strip spaces (space, tab, new line) for all strings
keep the longer value
* Remove duplicate string and also if you have "verlongtext" and "verylo",
* Add warning when a tag is skipped (for ID3, etc.)
* Support invalid unicode filenames
* Fix all divison to avoid divison by zero
* TAR and ZIP archives: only process first 5 files
* EXIF: ignore image size if we already know the size since EXIF size is not
updated when an image is resized
* Bitmap: read format version
* Use array() to simply code
* Convert raw string to unicode string using charset ISO-8859-1
* Add get() method to Metadata class
* Group name can be "name": replaced by name, name, ...