Replicability: guaranteed OS: Mac 10.12.16 Reaper: 5.93.0 Controller: any midi CC enabled device (tried with Korg nanocontrol 2, Novation Launch control XL, M-Audio Axiom 49
Steps to reproduce: Summary: Copy, move, or add a new instance of ReaLearn to a new track with a preset that WAS on a previous track. Move the assigned controller, Reaper unexpectedly quits. Example:
- create a blank session
- add more than 8 tracks (number seems to be irrelevant as long as there is at least one more than the number of controllers set up on the controller and saved as presets in ReaLearn). For this purpose add 9 tracks for 8 faders on a MIDI keyboard.
- Add 8 instances of ReaLearn (1 per track over first 8 tracks)
- Open each instance, add new mapping, Learn fader CC, set Character to "Knob/Fader", assign target on each to be "Track Volume" and "<This>"
- Save each parameter set as a user preset (I named each one "Fader 1" to "Fader 8" without the quotation symbols).
- Remove the instance of ReaLearn on one track (e.g. Fader 1 preset on track 1)
- Add a new instance of ReaLearn to track 9 (or any new track) and select the same preset as the one just removed, (e.g. preset Fader 1), OR copy the plugin instance from track 1 to track 9 and remove the instance from track 1.
- Move the assigned fader for a short while as if automating (e.g. Fader 1).
Result: Reaper quits
Apart from this, EXTREMELY useful concept to quickly assign keyboard faders to track volume, knobs to pan etc given Reaper's inability to learn TCP controllers.