I created this sample installation because I needed to create django REST service with piston on mongodb and oauth2 authentication. I found it there were a number of bugs in piston, issues with django-nonrel, and few good examples of oauth2 authentication. I spent a couple of days figuring this out. Hopefully this will save you the time!
This an example installation of fully functional django-nonrel piston installation with oauth2 authentication and GET and POST examples for a basic Poll application.
These are the installation instructions to get your django-piston-nonrel-oauth2 server up and running.
1. Clone repository at
2. virtualenv piston-env
3. source ./piston-env/bin/activate
4. pip install requirements.txt
5. Update your settings.py to point to your mongodb settings
6. Run ./manage.py syncedb and create your superuser account
7. Run ./manage.py runserver
8. Go to localhost:8000/admin and login. Create a Consumer with the following settings:
Consumer Key: testkey
Consumer Secret: testsecret
The name and description can be anything you choose. Attach the Consumer to your superuser or another use if you have created on.
9. From a command line prompt run python oauth_client.py
10. Follow the instructions for oauth_client.py
Hope this helps!