What is this repository for?
Automated website testing - to quickly launch a browser and run typical user interactions and check they're expected outcomes.
How do I get set up?
In order to run these tests you'll need a few things installed first:
- Protractor "npm install -g protractor"
- Update webdriver (it came with protractor) "webdriver-manager update"
- Run a local webdriver in a terminal "webdriver-manager start"
- conf.js - your configuration file, this includes the url of your webdriver and the location of your tests
- hello.php - our example page with a basic form element
- pages/hello.js - our page object, this defines the elements on the page the test can interact with
- tests/greeting-spec.js - our test, a simple definition for our test and our expected outcome. Contains the url of the page we're testing (hello.php)
To run this test simply hand protractor the conf file: "protractor conf.js"
official project page: http://angular.github.io/protractor/#/