after running Int8Handler to go from several uint8 files to a complete BED file I got a very weird result: for the same genome I was getting a lower mappability for 150bp compared to 100bp. This is how one of the two files looks like in the first lines:
chr-1 1 194 k100 1 + chr-1 344 1505 k100 1 + chr-1 1484 4739 k100 1 + chr-1 4642 4936 k100 1 + chr-1 4858 5199 k100 1 + chr-1 5115 5604 k100 1 + chr-1 5627 5887 k100 1 +
As you can see there are overlapping ranges of uniquely mapping regions: the range in line 2 ends at position 1505 and range in line 3 start at position 1484. This means that when I was calculating the sum of the different ranges I was getting a higher number for 100bp just because I had more shorter ranges with more overlaps. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or there's an issue with the code, but in case I can provide some files to reproduce the error.