Run C# programs like scripts!
- Go to the Bitbucket downloads page.
- Download the latest version of
DotNetScripter.exeand run it. This requires administrator privileges.
- Right click on the desktop or in any folder and select
New -> C# Script File. It can have any name as long as it keeps the
- Right click on the new script file and select
Edit script. This opens the script in Visual Studio, where you can edit and debug it. (The working directory will automatically be set to the location of the
- When you are done, save the script and close Visual Studio.
- Run the script anytime by double-clicking it or running it from the command line.
Prerequisites: Visual Studio 2015
- Build the project in Visual Studio.
DotNetScripter.exeto install it.
v1.5 (March 2018)
- Revived the project and updated it to work on Visual Studio 2015.
- The program now self-installs; Inno Setup is not required.
v1.3 (May 2012)
- Added change log to repo.
v1.2 (August 2011)
- Modified tools to run without displaying a console.
- BUG: Scripts should have a visible console to which they can print.
v1.1 (September 2011)
- Added references to useful namespaces, including System.Drawing and System.Diagnostics.
- Added license (MIT) and readme files.
- Command line arguments are passed to scripts.
- The tools return useful error codes.
v1.0 (May 2011)
- Initial release.