Version 0.8 (in development)
(codename to be selected, released Apr XX, 2007)
(codename Faschingskrapfn, released Feb 14, 2007)
- Added a MoinMoin parser that uses Pygments. With it, you get Pygments
highlighting in Moin Wiki pages.
- Changed the exception raised if no suitable lexer, formatter etc. is
found in one of the `get_*_by_*` functions to a custom exception,
`pygments.util.ClassNotFound`. It is, however, a subclass of `ValueError`
in order to retain backwards compatibility.
- Added a `-H` command line option which can be used to get the docstring
of a lexer, formatter or filter.
- Made the handling of lexers and formatters more consistent. The aliases
and filename patterns of formatters are now attributes on them.
- Added an OCaml lexer, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop.
- Made the HTML formatter more flexible, and easily subclassable in order
to make it easy to implement custom wrappers, e.g. alternate line
number markup. See the documentation.
- Added an `outencoding` option to all formatters, making it possible
to override the `encoding` (which is used by lexers and formatters) when
using the command line interface. Also, if using the terminal formatter
and the output file is a terminal and has an encoding attribute, use it
if no encoding is given.
- Made it possible to just drop style modules into the `styles` subpackage
of the Pygments installation.
- Added a "state" keyword argument to the `using` helper.
- Added a `commandprefix` option to the `LatexFormatter` which allows to
control how the command names are constructed.
- Added quite a few new lexers, thanks to Tim Hatch:
* Java Server Pages
* Windows batch files
* Trac Wiki markup
* Python tracebacks
* and the Befunge esoteric programming language (yay!)
- Added Mako lexers by Ben Bangert.
- Added "fruity" style, another dark background originally vim-based theme.
- Added sources.list lexer by Dennis Kaarsemaker.
- Added token stream filters, and a pygmentize option to use them.
- Changed behavior of `in` Operator for tokens.
- Added mimetypes for all lexers.
- Fixed some problems lexing Python strings.
- Fixed tickets: #167, #178, #179, #180, #185, #201.
(codename Zimtstern, released Dec 20, 2006)
- Added option for the HTML formatter to write the CSS to an external file
in "full document" mode.
- Added RTF formatter.
- Added Bash and Apache configuration lexers (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Improved guessing methods for various lexers.
- Added `@media` support to CSS lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Added a Groff lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- License change to BSD.
- Added lexers for the Myghty template language.
- Added a Scheme lexer (thanks to Marek Kubica).
- Added some functions to iterate over existing lexers, formatters
- The HtmlFormatter's `get_style_defs()` can now take a list as an
argument to generate CSS with multiple prefixes.
- Support for guessing input encoding added.
- Encoding support added: all processing is now done with Unicode
strings, input and output are converted from and optionally to
byte strings (see the ``encoding`` option of lexers and formatters).
- Some improvements in the C(++) lexers handling comments and line
(released Oct 30, 2006)
- Fixed traceback in ``pygmentize -L`` (thanks to Piotr Ozarowski).
(codename PyKleur, released Oct 30, 2006)
- Initial public release.