django-elect is a simple voting app intended for small-scale elections within academic organizations. It relies on Django's authentication system for verifying voter identity.
- Highly customizable and easy-to-use admin interface.
- Supports both preferential (using the Borda count method) and plurality ballots with optional secrecy.
- Supports write-in candidates.
- Customizable biographies page with biographical information on each candidate.
- Statistics page with up-to-date election results.
- Can generate Excel spreadsheets with complete election data.
- Python 2.7
- Django 1.8+
- django-autocomplete-light 3.0+
python setup.py install to install django-elect and any missing dependencies.
Using in an Existing Django Project
If you want to integrate django-elect with an existing project, follow these steps:
INSTALLED_APPStuple in the project's
INSTALLED_APPSas detailed here.
(r'^election/', include('django_elect.urls')),to the project's
If you don't have an existing Django project, you'll need to create one. Use the project in the "example_project" directory as a starting point and customize the settings.py file for your server. See the following pages for more information: