.. -*- mode: rst ; ispell-local-dictionary: "american" -*-
Tools for Migrating a Subversion repository to Git
:Copyright: 2011 by Hartmut Goebel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
:Licence: GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPL-3.0)
These scripts and data has been used for migrating PyInstaller__ from
Subversion repository to Git. This migration was done in December 2012.
Basically the process is this:
* Create a local mirror of the SVN repository. This speeds conversion
for the case you have to restart from scratch.
* Convert the SVN repo to git using git-svn (`git svn`).
* Cleanup the git repositories as required and according to your
* Upload the git repository to github, bitbucket, or wherever you
Please see `migrate-git.sh` for how it works.
* My hacked version of ESR's reposurgeon from
* A slidly modified version on Yuval Kogman git-svn-abandon, available
* svnsync, svnadmin, git, Python 2.7, bash, diff, patch, ...
WARNING: The scripts are not bullet-proof.
1) Adopt config.sh to your needs.
WARNING: Filenames with spaces (and other problemativ characters)
are NOT supported.
2) The script `migrate-git.sh` will clone reposurgeon and
git-svn-abandon into the same directory, if they do not exist.
3) See stage-9-postfixes.sh for last works.