This page provides basic information about the Free Edition of the hyper Content & Digital Asset Management Server. Please visit our website https://hypercms.com for more details.
All manuals are provided as PDF documents on our website or in the directory hypercms/help in the repository or the compressed installation file that can be downloaded from our website.
The following technical prerequisites must be fullfilled before installing the hyper Content & Digital Asset Management Server:
- Operating System: Linux, UNIX-Derivates, MS Windows
- WebServer: Apache 2.4, Iplanet or MS IIS with PHP-Modul Version 5.5+
- RDBMS (Database): MariaDB or MySQL 5+ (required for installation script), any database with ODBC support (not supported by installation script)
Optionally required for full Digital Asset Management (DAM) support on server-side:
- FFMPEG (for converting video and audio files)
- YAMDI (for meta data injection into FLV files)
- UFRAW (for raw images from digital cameras)
- ImageMagick (for converting images)
- XPDF (for indexing PDF-documents)
- ANTIWORD (for indexing older Word-documents)
- ZIP/UNZIP (for packing and unpacking files)
- LIBREOFFICE and UNOCONV (for converting office files)
- EXIFTOOL (for reading meta data of files)
- TESSERACT (for OCR)
- hyperCMS is 100% browser based, no additional software is required
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera (latest stable release recommended for full support)
- Extract and copy all files from the compressed ZIP file to the webservers root directory, so you can access them via browser. Do not rename any directories or files from the installation package.
- Access https://www.your-domain.com/hypercms/install and follow the installation process
- After the successful installation you will be forwarded to the logon of the system. Use username "admin" and your password to access the system.
We also recommend taking a look at the Installation Guide (PDF) regarding the configuration of php.ini in order to handle large files.
All hyperCMS manuals can be found in hypercms/help.
Visit our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/hyperCMS
How to install additional software packages
We recommend using Linux for production. Depending on the Linux distribution the installation process of the additional software packages can vary.
The following examples are based on Aptitude and Debian 9.
All packages except FFMPEG are already included in Debian.
You can easily install them using:
apt-get install xpdf apt-get install antiword apt-get install ufraw-batch apt-get install imagemagick apt-get install yamdi apt-get install zip apt-get install tesseract-ocr apt-get install tesseract-ocr-all apt-get install libreoffice apt-get install unoconv
How to add and install FFMPEG?
Add the Multimedia Repository to your sources in /etc/apt/sources.list.
This will also guarantee you to receive all the software updates for FFMPEG.
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
Install public key:
apt-get update apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring
Finally install FFMPEG:
apt-get install ffmpeg