To use PAPI in your own programs:
- Read the Overview of PAPI.
- Try out the utility programs in /utils to see what's in your system.
- Try a test program. Source for a number of tests in both C and FORTRAN is available in the src/tests/ and src/ftests/ directories. Find a program that's similar to what you want to do. Make sure you can build it and run it.
- Write a test program of your own, exercising the PAPI events and features of interest to you.
- Go for broke. Fold PAPI calls into your sources and see what you can learn.