GetTasky is a small sample Java web application that uses MongoDB.
It contains some aspects of a task management application. You can
create, modify and delete tasks, and search on tasks by tag.
Follow these steps to get the web application up and running:
1. Download and install the following software:
- MongoDB: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
- Java JDK: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Apache Tomcat: http://tomcat.apache.org/
- Apache Ant: http://ant.apache.org/
3. From a command shell, run Ant in the folder containing this README file.
It will produce a GetTasky.war file in the same folder.
4. Copy the GetTasky.war file to the webapps folder of your Tomcat installation.
5. Run a MongoDB mongod process listening on the default port.
6. Start Tomcat (if it is not already started).
It is important that MongoDB and Tomcat are running on the same instance.
The web app running in Tomcat connects to MongoDB on localhost and the default port.
7. In a browser, go to http://localhost:8080/GetTasky
The web app should also run in any J2EE application server or web container.
It has, however, only been tested in Tomcat (7.0 to be precise).
This source code distribution is available from https://bitbucket.org/idaniel/gettasky
- Ian Daniel
17 April 2012