MacWJ: a simplistic clone of Windows Journal for OS X 10.5+
The goal is to have a very basic writing-surface app that produces smooth ink-writing, doesn't get bogged down after a paragraph or two of handwriting, and can export to PDF/PNG. Ideally, it will do anything Windows Journal can do, but for now the goal is to do the things that I actually used in Windows Journal. It is usable on relatively slow not-brand-new machines, such as the ThinkPad X41 tablet.
- write and draw with a tablet pen
- add extra space at the bottom of a document
- insert/remove extra space in the middle of a document
- editable pens: change color, minimum and maximum widths
- pens can be angle-dependent with an adjustable angle (simulate, e.g., fountain pens)
- erase with tablet eraser or with tablet pen and the eraser tool
- rectangular selection with the mouse or with the tablet pen and the rectangular marquee tool
- lasso selection with the tablet pen and the lasso tool
- drag to move selected items
- delete, cut, or copy selection
- cut and copy also set up for pasting in other applications as PDF or TIFF
- paste, including pasting in images and text from other applications
- drag in text and image files
Leave feedback via bitbucket or via comment in the blog.