_____ __ | ___ \ | (_) | |_/ /___ _ __ | |_ ___ __ _ _ __ ___ | // _ \ _ \| | |/ __/ _ | _ \ / _ \ | |\ \ __/ |_) | | | (_| (_| | |_) | __/ \_| \_\___| .__/|_|_|\___\__,_| .__/ \___| | | | | |_| |_|
Replicape is a 3D printer cape for BeagleBone.
- 5 stepper motors (2.5A DRV8825) (X, Y, Z, Ext1, Ext2)
- 3 high power MOSFETs (PWM controlled) for 2 extruders and 1 HPB. (12..24V)
- 3 medium power MOSFETs (PWM controlled) for up to 3 fans/LED strips. (12V)
- 3 analog input ports for thermistors. noise-filtered inputs and option for shielding
- 6 inputs for end stops (X, Y, Z).
- 1 optional Dallas 1W temperature sensor for monitoring the cold end.
- Programmable current limits on steppers motor drivers (SMD). No need to manually adjust a pot meter.
- Microstepping individually programmable for each SMD from 1 to 32.
- All steppers are controlled by the Programmable Realtime Unit (PRU) for hard real time operation.
- Option for stackable LCD cape (LCD3). HDMI compatible LCD on the way. - Single 12 to 24V PSU, fans are still 12V
- Comptabile with BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black
- Open source hard ware and software
- Software written in Python for maintainability and hackability
TODO for software:
- Optimize the merging of timings from the different steppers.
- Make a fancy GUI with 3D model
- Implement realtime slicing on BeagleBone so an STL file can be sent directly (very cool).
There seems to be a bug with the software that causes the filament to retract after a few layers. Find out if this is consistent.