This repository hosts the django SHOP code and documentation.
Django SHOP aims to be the easy, fun and fast shop counterpart to django CMS. Specifically, we aim at providing a clean, modular and pythonic/djangonic implementation of a shop framework, that a moderately talented Django programmer should be able to pick up and run easily.
The current state is a roughly functional and highly modular system. Please refer to docs/plugins.rst to figure out what plugin types are available, and what the do
You'll find the detailed doc on RTD
How to help:
- Development is done on github - please fork!
- Most of the discussion around architecture decisions / tools etc... take place on IRC (Freenode), on #django-shop
- Pick a task from the list below :)
- Somebody should kickstart an example shop application using django SHOP, to use as an example.
- If you feel like adding templates, please refrain from adding fancy styling to the core set of templates. Styling is awesome, and everybody wants a good looking shop, but it should go in example apps, not in core shop :) Also, please keep templates to the main templates directory only (so that people have a clear view of the templates structure)
- Writing docs is most welcome :)
- Refactoring tests to make creating test environments less messy (fixtures?)
- If you feel like you could solve having multiple currencies in an elegant manner, we would really be interested to hear from you