BIAS is a software application for recording video from IEEE 1394 and USB3 Cameras. BIAS was intially designed as image acquisition software for experiments in animial behavior. For example, recording the behavior of fruit flies in a walking arena.
BIAS provides the following features:
- Control of camera properties (brightness, shutter, gain, etc.)
- Timed video recordings
- Support for a variety of video file formats (avi,fmf, ufmf, mjpg, raw image
- files) etc.
- JSON based configuration files
- External control via http commands - start/stop recording, set camera
- configuration etc.
- A plugin system for machine vision applications and for controlling external
- Multiple cameras
- Image alignment tools
- Cross platform - windows, linux