mwlib - MediaWiki parser and utility library
mwlib provides a library for parsing MediaWiki articles. It is currently aimed at developers, who have a need to somehow handle MediaWiki articles.
You need to have setuptools/easy_install installed. Installation should be as easy as typing:
$ easy_install mwlib
If you don't have setuptools installed, download the source package, unpack it and run:
$ python setup.py install
(this will also install setuptools)
You can also install the latest mwlib tip with:
$ easy_install mwlib==dev
(However, you need to have re2c installed for that to work).
You will also need:
- LaTeX is used for rendering of mathematical formulas.
- perl is used to drive the EasyTimeline.pl script, which produces timeline images.
- PIL is the Python Imaging Library and is used for image handling.
- lxml is needed for the docbookwriter.
- Blahtex is a program written in C++, which converts an equation given in a syntax close to TeX into MathML. It is designed by David Harvey and is aimed at supporting equations in MediaWiki. (http://gva.noekeon.org/blahtexml/)
- texvc (TeX validator and converter) is a program which validates (AMS) LaTeX mathematical expressions and converts them to HTML, MathML, or PNG graphics. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texvc).
The commands (i.e. command-line tools) provided by mwlib are described in docs/commands.txt.
The format of configuration files is described in docs/configfiles.txt.
See example_conf.py for an example configuration.
For further information please visit our Trac instance running at http://code.pediapress.com/. The current development version can also be found there.
mwlib/cdb.py is based on the cdb implementation from the SpamBayes project ((C) 2002-2004 Python Software Foundation). The remaining parts are distributed under the BSD license:
2009-2-19 release 0.9.10
- do not call check() in zipcreator: better some missing articles than an error message
2009-2-18 release 0.9.8
- localize image modifiers
- fix bug in serve with forced rendering
- fix bug in writerbase when no URL is returned
- return only unqiue image contributors, sorted
- #expr with whitespace only argument now returns the empty string instead of marking the result as an error.
- added mw-serve-ctl command line tool (#447)
- mwapidb: omit title in URLs with oldid
- mwapidb: added getTemplatesForArticle()
- zipcreator: check articles and sources to prevent broken ZIP files
- mwapidb: do query continuation to find out all authors (#420)
- serve: use a deterministic checksum for metabooks (#451)
2009-2-9 release 0.9.7
- fix bug in #expr parsing
- fix bug in localised namespace handling/#ifexist
- fix bug in redirect handling together with specific revision in mwapidb
2009-2-3 release 0.9.6
- mwapidb: return authors alphabetically sorted (#420)
- zipcreator: fixed classname from DummyScheduler to DummyJobScheduler; this bug broke the --no-threads option
- serve: if rendering is forced, don't re-use ZIP file (#432)
- options: remove default value "Print" from --print-template-prefix
- mapidb: expand local* functions, add them to source dictionary
- expander: fix memory leak in template parser (#439)
- expander: better noinclude, includeonly handling (#426)
- expander: #iferror now uses a regular expression (#435)
- expander: workaround dateutils bug (resulting in a TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'int')
2009-1-26 release 0.9.5
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 PediaPress GmbH
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of PediaPress GmbH nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.