For more info, visit http://ivan.vucica.net/zxmpp/.
What is it?
Goal is to have a backend library for doing XMPP, and a separate GUI that will allow attaching an overlay over existing webpage, as well as almost transparent reconnection upon unloading the page and reloading it.
Another goal is to support major standards-based browsers: Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox.
While primarily an XMPP library that preserves connection between page switches, Z-XMPP also includes an ugly user interface component for instant messaging. It appears as a bar on the bottom of the screen.
Z-XMPP has been tested with the following BOSH connection managers:
Z-XMPP has been tested with the following XMPP server software:
Following SASL authentication methods are partially or fully supported:
Following XEPs are partially or fully supported:
- XEP-0030: Service Discovery
- XEP-0054: vcard-temp
- XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications
- XEP-0092: Software Version
- XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
- XEP-0124: Bidirectional-streams Over Synchronous HTTP (BOSH)
- XEP-0206: XMPP Over BOSH
There may be additional features supported, but not documented.
Please read the LICENSE to see current use terms.
Here's how to set up
demo.php to work.
- Start up a server such as ejabberd or Prosody. Enable BOSH in it by referring to the server's manual. Alternatively, set up a connection manager for BOSH (a BOSH service that acts as a proxy to the real XMPP server). A good connection manager is Punjab.
- Get your HTTP server to forward requests from a directory in the
same domain and port that your site (or
demo.php) is hosted on. If you use Apache,
demo.phpto point to the directory that now redirects to the proper path and port of your BOSH server.
These instructions can, of course, be improved, and the author will be happy to answer your questions on how to get Z-XMPP to connect to your XMPP server on your web site (to the extent of his ability, of course).
Patches and good natured criticism can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact me via xmpp:email@example.com
Copyright 2010-2012 Ivan Vučica