What is the Project status?
- This project is unmaintained, since the extcv functionality is now included in VeraCrypt.
- If you can, go and fetch VeraCrypt
- If you have to use TrueCrypt 7.1a for some reason, you can use this to extend your volumes. But take note that TrueCrypt contains unpatched bugs and security problems!
What is this repository for?
- This is a fork of extcv updated to work with TrueCrypt 7.1a
- extcv 0.7 is a tool to enlarge a truecrypt container
- original, unmaintained project is here
How do I get set up?
- Install TrueCrypt 7.1a, because the kernel driver is needed for extcv
- For convenience, TrueCrypt 7.1a is available here too. DO NOT USE TRUECRYPT 7.2 or anything other than the 7.1a version for now!
- Download and run extcv.exe
There is a great blog post how to use extcv!
I am open to accept any useful patches because the original project is dead. Please also do report all bugs you encounter!
While not filling the new allocated space with random data is much faster, it might lower your security! Choose wisely!