Mercurial support for Smalltalk/X
The Mercurial support consist of:
- low-level Mercurial API allowing to query and manipulate Mercurial repositories
- Integration into Smalltalk/X IDE allowing to commit, branch or merge Smalltalk/X packages directly within Smalltalk/x IDE.
Install Mercurial command line client.
See Mercurial wiki page for details how to install Mercurial on your machine.
Download and run an installer script
HGInstaller.stscript and run it as:
stx --execute HGInstaller.st
NOTE: Smalltalk/X jv-branch has Mercurial support already included, so there's no need to install it explicitly.
See installation instruction for more details.
stx:libscm works - to some extent - on three Smalltalk/X versions
- Smalltalk/X "jv branch" - fully "supported" (i.e, all features should work, this is where libscm development takes place)
- Smalltalk/X "eXept HEAD" - should work, though not regularly tested. If not, please file in a bugreport here.
- Smalltalk/X 6.2.2 - generally not supported. The last version working on 6.2.2 was released as 1.0, which allows basic commit. If you need more recent version running on 6.2.2 (or any other older version), please contact the autor.
For more detauls see release notes.
As the stx:libscm comes free of charge, it comes with no warranty or whatsoever. For (commercial) support please contact the author.
<jan.vrany [at] fit.cvut.cz>