- // NOTE: We did this at one time to prevent relative paths to the
- // compiler from looking like "../../../../../../../usr/bin/gcc".
- // Now however relative paths are only computed for destinations
- // inside the build tree so this is not a problem. This is now a
- // general-purpose method and should not have this hack. I'm
- // leaving it in place in case removing it causes a problem so it is
- // If there is nothing in common but the root directory, then just
- // return the full path.
+ // If there is nothing in common at all then just return the full
+ // path. This is the case only on windows when the paths have
+ // different drive letters. On unix two full paths always at least
+ // have the root "/" in common so we will return a relative path
+ // that passes through the root directory.
// for each entry that is not common in the local path
// add a ../ to the finalpath array, this gets us out of the local
-// Due to a buggy stream library on the HP and another on Mac OSX, we
+// Due to a buggy stream library on the HP and another on Mac OSX, we
// need this very carefully written version of getline. Returns true
// if any data were read before the end-of-file was reached.
bool SystemTools::GetLineFromStream(kwsys_ios::istream& is,