.. -*- restructuredtext -*-
Status and License
``jaraco.net`` provides miscellaneous utility functions used across
projects developed by the author.
``jaraco.net`` is written by Jason R. Coombs. It is licensed under an
`MIT-style permissive license
You can install it with ``easy_install jaraco.net``, or from the
DNS Forwarding Service
``jaraco.net`` includes a DNS forwarding service for Windows. This is
because Microsoft appears to be unable to bind to 6 to 4 and Teredo
addresses with their production DNS Server. After installing
``jaraco.net``, the service executable is available as
`%PYTHON%\Scripts\dns-forward-service.exe`. In addition to the
documented install/uninstall/start/stop commands, it's also possible
to configure a bind address with the -b option. For example::
dns-forward-service -b 2002:41de:a625::41de:a625 install
The service will be installed and the bind address will be stored in
`HKLM\Software\jaraco.net\DNS Forwarding Service\Listen Address`. Note
that the service must be restarted to recognize an updated bind address.
* Added web-tail command, which "tails" a file, serving the content over
http to multiple clients (requires CherryPy).
* Added jaraco.net.importer, featuring URLImporter.
* Added jaraco.net.http.content.ContentTypeReporter, a cherrypy app to
report the content type of uploaded content.
* Added directory listing support to serve-local.
* Added simple script for creating a directory index (used for legacy
* Added command script "serve-local" which uses cherrypy to serve the
current directory on port 8080.
* Fixed issue where passing a numeric host to scanner would be detected
as a named host.
* Fixed HTTP server to work with multipart requests.
* Pickling in http.cache.CachedResponse is now less depedent on the actual
* Added tail module that utilizes CherryPy to serve the tail of a file.
* Fixed issue in setup script with deprecated hgtools usage.
* Using argparse and enabling logging config in ntp module.
* Added jaraco.net.devices package. Includes a Manager class for
retrieving MAC addresses and IP addresses on the host.
* Created jaraco.net.http package (from module of the same name)
* Added jaraco.net.http.caching, an early attempt at providing a
CachingHandler for urllib2 with HTTP protocol support.
* Added a simple echo server.
* Added http-headers command.
* Added function wait_for_host to icmp lib
* Added support for a custom bind address to the DNS Forwarding Service
* Added rss module (migrated from jaraco.util)
* Initial release.