.. -*- restructuredtext -*-
Status and License
``jaraco.util`` provides miscellaneous utility functions used across
projects developed by the author.
``jaraco.util`` is written by Jason R. Coombs. It is licensed under an
`MIT-style permissive license
You can install it with ``easy_install jaraco.util``, or from the
* Removed apng from .image so the package now installs on Python 2.5
with only one error.
* Added jaraco.util.iter_.window and .nwise
* Added jaraco.util.filesystem.ensure_dir_exists decorator
* Added jaraco.util.iter_.Peekable iterator wrapper
* Moved jaraco.util.package to jaraco.develop project
* Adding jaraco.util.concurrency
* Added prorating calculator and console script calc-prorate.
* Added `iter_.peek`
* Renamed QuickTimer to Stopwatch - modified to PEP8 specs
* Adding jaraco.filesystem.DirectoryStack
* Added `iter_.one` and `iter_.first`
* Removed release module and moved its function to the package module.
* Added skip_first to `jaraco.util.iter_`
* Moved rss module to `jaraco.net` package.
* Bug fixes in `iter_.flatten`.
* Restored Python 2 compatibility and implemented 2to3 for deployment.
`jaraco.util` is now easy_installable on Python 2 and Python 3.
* More Python 3 changes.
* Fixes bug in `jaraco.util.meta.LeafClassesMeta`.
* Added jaraco.util.string.local_format
This version includes many backwards-incompatible changes.
* May require Python 2.6
* Removed powerball module
* Refactored RangeMap: RangeValueUndefined, RangeItem/First/Last moved into RangeMap class. RangeValueUndefined, RangeItemFirst, and RangeItemLast are now instances, not classes. Renamed to UndefinedValue, Item, FirstItem, LastItem.
* Renamed DictMap function to dict_map
* Renamed `iter_.evalAll` to `iter_.consume` and evalN to consume_n
* More Python 3 improvements
* Added rss feed handler (this perhaps this belongs in jaraco.net, and may be moved in the future)
* Renamed ciString to jaraco.util.string.FoldedCase and added support for sorting case-insensitive strings
* Added some useful iterator tools.
* Added bitutil, based on some functions in jaraco.input
* Added some rich comparison mixins in `jaraco.util.cmp_`
* Added PasswordGenerator from jaraco.site
* Added logging module for commonly-used logging patterns
* Minor fixes, primarily to deployment techniques
* Mostly Python 3 compatible.
* Final release before major refactoring.
* First release with documentation.
* Added package release script.
* Added RelativePath, a class for manipulating file system paths
* Added trim function
* First release with no dependencies.
* Initial release