.. -*- restructuredtext -*-
Status and License
``jaraco.util`` provides miscellaneous utility functions used across
projects developed by the author.
``jaraco.util`` is written by Jason R. Coombs. It is licensed under an
`MIT-style permissive license
You can install it with ``easy_install jaraco.util``, or from the
* dictlib.RangeMap now uses PEP-8 naming. Use `sort_params` and
the constructor and `undefined_value`, `last_item`, and `first_item` class
* Added `jaraco.util.bitutil.BitMask` metaclass.
* jaraco namespace package now supports py2exe
* ItemsAsAttributes now works with dicts that customize `__getitem__`
* `jaraco.util.logging` now supports ArgumentParser with `add_arguments`
and `setup`. `add_options` has been replaced with `add_arguments` for
both OptionParser and ArgumentParser and is deprecated.
* Added `jaraco.util.exceptions` with a function for determining if a
callable throws a specific exception.
* Added `is_decodable` and `is_binary` to `jaraco.util.string`.
* Added jaraco.util.dictlib.DictAdapter.
* Added jaraco.util.dictlib.ItemsAsAttributes.
* Added wallpaper script by Samuel Huckins with added support for Windows.
* Added stream.Tee (for outputting to multiple streams).
* Fix for NameErrors.
* Added cross-platform getch function.
* Added several new functions to `iter_`.
* Enhanced EditableFile with support for non-ascii text and capturing
a diff after changes are made.
* Added jaraco.util.editor (with EditableFile for editing strings in a
* Removed apng from .image so the package now installs on Python 2.5
with only one error.
* Added `jaraco.util.iter_.window` and `.nwise`
* Added `jaraco.util.filesystem.ensure_dir_exists` decorator
* Added `jaraco.util.iter_.Peekable` iterator wrapper
* Moved `jaraco.util.package` to `jaraco.develop` project
* Adding jaraco.util.concurrency
* Added prorating calculator and console script calc-prorate.
* Added `iter_.peek`
* Renamed QuickTimer to Stopwatch - modified to PEP8 specs
* Adding jaraco.filesystem.DirectoryStack
* Added `iter_.one` and `iter_.first`
* Removed release module and moved its function to the package module.
* Added skip_first to `jaraco.util.iter_`
* Moved rss module to `jaraco.net` package.
* Bug fixes in `iter_.flatten`.
* Restored Python 2 compatibility and implemented 2to3 for deployment.
`jaraco.util` is now easy_installable on Python 2 and Python 3.
* More Python 3 changes.
* Fixes bug in `jaraco.util.meta.LeafClassesMeta`.
* Added jaraco.util.string.local_format
This version includes many backwards-incompatible changes.
* May require Python 2.6
* Removed powerball module
* Refactored RangeMap: RangeValueUndefined, RangeItem/First/Last moved into RangeMap class. RangeValueUndefined, RangeItemFirst, and RangeItemLast are now instances, not classes. Renamed to UndefinedValue, Item, FirstItem, LastItem.
* Renamed DictMap function to dict_map
* Renamed `iter_.evalAll` to `iter_.consume` and evalN to consume_n
* More Python 3 improvements
* Added rss feed handler (this perhaps this belongs in jaraco.net, and may be moved in the future)
* Renamed ciString to jaraco.util.string.FoldedCase and added support for sorting case-insensitive strings
* Added some useful iterator tools.
* Added bitutil, based on some functions in jaraco.input
* Added some rich comparison mixins in `jaraco.util.cmp_`
* Added PasswordGenerator from jaraco.site
* Added logging module for commonly-used logging patterns
* Minor fixes, primarily to deployment techniques
* Mostly Python 3 compatible.
* Final release before major refactoring.
* First release with documentation.
* Added package release script.
* Added RelativePath, a class for manipulating file system paths
* Added trim function
* First release with no dependencies.
* Initial release