jaraco.util provides miscellaneous utility functions used across projects developed by the author.
jaraco.util is written by Jason R. Coombs. It is licensed under an MIT-style permissive license.
You can install it with easy_install jaraco.util, or from the mercurial repository with easy_install jaraco.util==dev.
- Adding jaraco.util.concurrency
- Added prorating calculator and console script calc-prorate.
- Added iter_.peek
- Renamed QuickTimer to Stopwatch - modified to PEP8 specs
- Adding jaraco.filesystem.DirectoryStack
- Added iter_.one and iter_.first
- Removed release module and moved its function to the package module.
- Added skip_first to jaraco.util.iter_
- Moved rss module to jaraco.net package.
- Bug fixes in iter_.flatten.
- Restored Python 2 compatibility and implemented 2to3 for deployment. jaraco.util is now easy_installable on Python 2 and Python 3.
- More Python 3 changes.
- Fixes bug in jaraco.util.meta.LeafClassesMeta.
- Added jaraco.util.string.local_format
This version includes many backwards-incompatible changes.
- May require Python 2.6
- Removed powerball module
- Refactored RangeMap: RangeValueUndefined, RangeItem/First/Last moved into RangeMap class. RangeValueUndefined, RangeItemFirst, and RangeItemLast are now instances, not classes. Renamed to UndefinedValue, Item, FirstItem, LastItem.
- Renamed DictMap function to dict_map
- Renamed iter_.evalAll to iter_.consume and evalN to consume_n
- More Python 3 improvements
- Added rss feed handler (this perhaps this belongs in jaraco.net, and may be moved in the future)
- Renamed ciString to jaraco.util.string.FoldedCase and added support for sorting case-insensitive strings
- Added some useful iterator tools.
- Added bitutil, based on some functions in jaraco.input
- Added some rich comparison mixins in jaraco.util.cmp_
- Added PasswordGenerator from jaraco.site
- Added logging module for commonly-used logging patterns
- Minor fixes, primarily to deployment techniques
- Mostly Python 3 compatible.
- Final release before major refactoring.
- First release with documentation.
- Added package release script.
- Added RelativePath, a class for manipulating file system paths
- Added trim function
- First release with no dependencies.
- Initial release