Yet another email login for django
- It actually fixes two problems with logging users by email, that is: email field is not unique and unindexed.
- Doesnt create new tables in the database.
This app is dead simple:
- It uses south to fix problems with email field on auth.User model
- It installs listener that adds a random username to User when saving if username is not set.
What it doesn't support:
- I didn't patch user creation process, in for which I developed it users will be created by admin.
When not to use it
When you are not using south.
Add email_login to APPLICATIONS setting.
Sync db and then migrate email_login
Add 'email_login.backend.EmailAuthBackend' to AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS setting, so it looks like that:
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ( 'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend', 'email_login.backend.EmailAuthBackend' )