grannygrain is a granular synthesis VST
author: Jennifer Hsu (email@example.com)
This VST allows you to specify:
- length of grains
- min/max interonset times of grains
- randomness of chosen grains in original audio signal
- percentage of grains to be reversed
- feedback in delay line
- whether to snap grains to quanitized beats (1/4, 1/6, 1/8, etc) or not
This code includes the JUCE project and the XCode project to build the VST. To get to the Xcode project, go to grannygrain/Builds/MacOSX/grannygrain.xcodeproj. The source code itself is in grannygrain/Source.
- DelayLine.cpp / DelayLine.h: delay line class used to hold samples that will become the 'grains'
- PluginEditor.cpp / PluginEditor.h: GUI code
- PluginProcessor.cpp / PluginProcessor.h: this is where the audio processing takes place
- Reader.cpp / Reader.h: a reader class that allows for easier reading into the delay line
- definitions.h: macros used across all files