Content type is not being split against ";"

Mirek Mencel avatarMirek Mencel created an issue

According to RFC Content-Type header field may contain parameters: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.7

For instance, Firefox XHR request adds charset parameter: application/json; charset=UTF-8

Attached patch splits Content-Type against ";" and takes only first item as a Content-Type. In addition, it fixes loader_for_type function which now can do strict checking against mime string.

Comments (11)

  1. Charles Krohn

    I've got the same problem. In Windows 7, the WinHTTPRequest object always adds "CharSet=UTF-8" to the content-type header. This seems to cause trouble for Piston.

  2. Daniel Ostrowski

    I am wondering how this can't be patched yet, since jQuery appends the charset to all these requests. Seems pretty important. I ran into this, too, and I'm just using Middleware to adjust the CONTENT_TYPE which is pretty ghetto.

  3. Log in to comment
Tip: Filter by directory path e.g. /media app.js to search for public/media/app.js.
Tip: Use camelCasing e.g. ProjME to search for ProjectModifiedEvent.java.
Tip: Filter by extension type e.g. /repo .js to search for all .js files in the /repo directory.
Tip: Separate your search with spaces e.g. /ssh pom.xml to search for src/ssh/pom.xml.
Tip: Use ↑ and ↓ arrow keys to navigate and return to view the file.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Ctrl+j (next) and Ctrl+k (previous) and view the file with Ctrl+o.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Alt+j (next) and Alt+k (previous) and view the file with Alt+o.