from setuptools import setup
-setuptools_hg is a plugin for setuptools that enables setuptools to find files
-under the Mercurial version control system.
-It uses the Mercurial Python library by default and falls back to use the
-command line programm ``hg(1)``. That's especially useful inside virtualenvs
-that don't have access to the system wide installed Mercurial lib (e.g. when
-created with ``--no-site-packages``).
-.. note:: The setuptools feature
- You can read about the hooks used by setuptool_hg in the
- `setuptools documentation`_. It basically returns a list of files that are
- under Mercurial version control when running the ``setup`` function, e.g. if
- you create a source and binary distribution. It's a simple yet effective way
- of not having to define package data (non-Python files) manually in MANIFEST
- templates (``MANIFEST.in``).
-.. _setuptools documentation: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#adding-support-for-other-revision-control-systems
-Here's an example of a setup.py that uses setuptools_hg::
- from setuptools import setup, find_packages
-If you run this setup.py setuptools will automatically download setuptools_hg
-to the directory where the setup.py is located at (and won't install it
-anywhere else) to get all package data files from the Mercurial repository.
-Set the ``HG_SETUPTOOLS_FORCE_CMD`` environment variable before running
-setup.py if you want to enforce the use of the hg command.
+read = lambda name: codecs.open(path.join(path.abspath(path.dirname(__file__)), name)).read()
- description="Setuptools plugin for finding files under Mercurial version control.",
+ description="Setuptools/distribute plugin for finding files under Mercurial version control.",
"Development Status :: 4 - Beta",
"Framework :: Setuptools Plugin",
"hg = setuptools_hg:hg_file_finder"